Tuesday, June 9, 2020

My Poor Little Piper!

 Oh man! She's going to be my accident prone child! Yikes! She was my 1st with stitches and now my 1st with a broken bone!! My poor little baby! Piper fell off one of our high bar stools landing on her left elbow! She gave out scream of pain I had never heard from her! I didn't rush her right away to the E.R. I waited a few days watching to see how she was using it and sure enough after watching her not being able to fully extend it I better take her in. I called her pediatrician who is amazing Dr. George and he told us to go to the Summerlin ER for x-rays! The ER is the last place I want to go with Covid-19 still around! But we went and surprisingly there was no one in the ER. We got straight back! They did x-rays and results came back.......Non-displaced fracture of the Radius Head! So broken right in her elbow joint! What's our deal with broken elbows over here! lol The ER put a splint and sling on her and told us we needed to see the Orthopedic!
With our pediatrician being so amazing... Dr. George got us right into the Orthopedic the next day! We saw Dr. Thomas. Dr. let us know about the type of fracture she had. No surgery needed thank goodness! He put on a different splint on and off we went! She is to see the Orthopedic in 4 wks to follow up! My poor baby! She has been such a trooper the whole time! So brave!!! We love you little Piper hope you heal super fast!!!

No comments: