Friday, January 29, 2021

Celebration of Life to the most Amazing Father & Grandpa there ever was!

These pictures were taken on Thanksgiving 2019. We all went to visit my mom's grave. It had been several years that we were all together visiting my mom's grave. It was a beautiful day and just perfect that we could all be together. Who would have thought that a year later my sweet daddy would be laying next to my mom after 23yrs of waiting to be with her. I wouldn't have believed it. My brain defiantly mental blocks it out. My brain really does not want to accept that he is really gone. My heart however is at peace knowing he is with my mom and all the other loved ones that have passed on. Each day does get a little better.
 So here's to celebrating my daddy's truly amazing life!! 
While we mourn the loss of our father and best friend we celebrate the life of the beautiful person he was and how he lived his life! He returned home to our Heavenly Father on Jan 1, 2121. We celebrated his amazing life in his home town in Santa Clara, UT on Jan 16, 2021.
These photos were from the day before his funeral service Friday afternoon. We got to dress him. What a beautiful and spiritual experience. So special to share this moment with my siblings and Janeen. I felt a little at peace seeing him. The entire time while he was in the hospital none of us could go to the hospital to see him or talk to him. So seeing him gave me some closure. The mortician then brought out all the flowers and plants that were sent to us.  We were in awe! We read every card aloud and enjoyed sharing memories of daddy! Also while we were there together, Janeen brought all my dad's ties for us to pick out for each of the grandkids and son's to wear the next day at his funeral service. We were honored! The ties were a very special touch! The kids were all so proud to wear one of grandpa's ties! Cash especially love it!
My part in the funeral arrangements was to do the display tables and the slide show. I was honored to showcase my dad in his celebration of life! It was so much work but very therapeutic. Going through all the photos of stages of my daddy's life was amazing. He lived a great life! Full of hard work and hard play! and all his playing was always was us kids! He loved us and loved creating memories with us our whole life! The display tables turned out beautifully! The slide show was prefect! It was just under 2hrs of celebrating my daddy! It was heart wrenching to watch when the music played with it! WOW the power of music! I'm  honored to be his daughter! 
More of the beautiful display tables! Oh how I love this beautiful man and miss him immensely!
The next couple of collages are from the viewing! So many family and friends traveled to support us and celebrate our father! It is so hard to say goodbye! It was so wonderful to hear how they knew our daddy and all the fun stories they shared with us about him. We truly celebrated his life in the best way possible. We know he was there in Spirit with us. It really was a beautiful and peaceful day!
Gathering around my daddy before the casket was closed. We each got to take some time as individual families to say goodbye to our father and grandpa! Blair shared some stories of daddy and gave the most beautiful family prayer! 
After the viewing we went to the grave for the graveside service. When we arrived the bagpipes were a playing. I totally lost it. All my dad would say to us our whole life is that he only wanted bagpipes  playing at his funeral. His wishes came true and it was beautiful. Daddy was defiantly smiling down and loving those bagpipes! They were beautiful! He served his mission in Ireland and fell in love with the Irish folk. From mission on he has had a love for bagpipes. I love them too and whenever I hear them I will always think of my daddy! The pallbearer's were perfect. The pallbearers ranged from son, son n laws, brother, cousins and grandsons. I know my little Cash was honored to help  and walk along side his grandpa.
These are the photos from the graveside service. The Santa Clara Bishop resided and shared some opening remarks. My sister Eryka gave the most beautiful opening prayer to start the service. My brother Ryan then shared the most amazing eulogy and celebration of life tribute to our dad! After Ryan we had the bagpipes play a special musical number "Danny Boy"  my dad's request our whole life. He wanted this song specifically played at his funeral service.  :) After the special bagpipe musical number then our cousin Mark shared a wonderful letter from my dad's brother, Uncle Jim that is serving as a mission president and couldn't make it. After Mark then my dad's brother, Uncle Greg gave the most beautiful dedication of grave prayer. The entire graveside service was perfection. We truly celebrated our father in the best way possible! He was loved by so many and he showed love to so many! He truly showed pure Christ like love to all! 
Once the glorious service was complete we took several photos and shared many stories around my dad! Even his 19 special little grandkids took pictures and shared memories with their grandpa around his casket. My dad  loved being a grandpa. He loved his grandkids so much and was always so proud of them. I will never forget that he never missed one of little Penny's performances and I will always miss him now going forward when it comes to that for sure. He loved watching little Penny perform! He would call her his "singing angel."
As the grave side workers laid daddy to rest next to my mom we enjoyed the bagpipes together and danced a jig in honor of our sweet daddy! We truly had a wonderful and peaceful day with family and friends honoring and celebrating daddy's life!

The part below is my fb post that I posted the day after of my dad's passing. I wanted it here so I can print it off and have forever.
To all those that knew and loved my dad! He had been in the hospital for 10+ days with severe pneumonia in his lungs as result of Covid- he had been hanging on and fighting as hard as he can- but last night he started showing signs of fatigue and his body shutting down! Janeen was able to go down and be by his side in his time of need- thank you for being there for him and holding his hand.
I’m so sad to say last night at 11:45pm my daddy passed peacefully to the other side.
What gets me through is I have Faith in my Lords plan. I know my Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and it must have been my dad’s time to return home. He has waited 23yrs to be with my mom and what a glorious reunion in heaven they are having. I know I will see and be with my dad and mom again. My heart hurts. I am numb. It truly is unbelievable but I am humbled and feel at peace.
I love you daddy! Thank you for being the greatest example to me! Thank you for holding us all together! For being my mom and my dad! You truly are the most amazing person! I will continue to carry on the memories and traditions with my kids in honor of you! I’ll never look at a box of See’s Candy, hear bagpipes or watch a western movie the same.
Thank you for loving my kids like you did! They sure did love their grandpa John and will miss your big bear hugs. They haven’t stopped sharing their special memories with you. You have impacted all of us and have left a big mark on our hearts. God be with you till me meet again.
Anyone who has ever met And known my dad will never forget him- He made that big of a mark on you with his big bear hugs and loving spirit about him. He was truly a one of a kind. I know he loved me and encouraged me to live without limits and trust in the Lord wholeheartedly! He loved his kids and grandkids and took advantage of every opportunity to be part of their lives. Hunting, fishing, sand dunes, lake trips, swimming parties, birthdays, baptism, penny’s performances -he never missed them- and Always cooked for us the best meals. We have sure been spoiled in the 1,000’s of get togethers & trips together! He lived for his family!
I Love you so much Dad!! I can’t wait for the day till I get to see you and Mom again!
Had to capture the the hard work of the display from my home! My dad always laughed and teased me that our pool table was used for more projects and not for actual playing pool! Just as my mom did with ours growing up! My mom always had a picture project going on the pool table! lol And here we go again! The pool table was put to great use doing my daddy's display table! lol I know he was laughing and smiling down on me while I was working on it for him! I love you daddy so much! You truly were the greatest person in my life! I'm honored to be your daughter forever! I can't wait for the day to be with you and mom again for eternity! 
My brother shared my dad's eulogy he wrote so that all those that read my blog can read this too. Also so I when I print my blog off the eulogy will always be with the post about my daddy's celebration of life. I don't know how my brother was able to write and read this at daddy's graveside service. There wasn't a dry eye in the crowd. So meaningful and such special words he shared with us all about our father. Enjoy! Daddy truly was one of kind! He left his mark on all! Love you daddy forever!



 



No comments: